Saturday 12 April 2008

LONELINESS !

We are living now at Abu Dhabi with our children staying away far off in the west.

This state of living alone is frustrating.

It is felt very much during the weekends during fridays & saturdays of every week. We have nothing to do during weekends here especially in this hot climate.

Gulf & Middle east is not new to us, we have lived in Muscat for 10 years, when our children were studying. We had a lot of friends in those days, all those friends were maojorly due to our children. We used to meet with our friends everyweekend at parties.

Nowadays we hardly have any friends, it is also difficult to befriend any body new at this age. Most of the week ends we go to movies, it is a sort of time pass for me atleast since I never used to go for movies, now I am viewing all the new releases.

We have located a new park at Abu Dhabi which is quite new, which we will go regularly from now on weekends.

At least if the children were staying with us we would be busy with them although there will be a generation gap. I do not know how far this practical especially in the present days when every body is going places.

The problem would be more aggravated if we return to India for good since my wife would be busy with her own Bhajan group, whwere as I would be left alone since I have been a naomad for the past 20 years, living outside India. Although there will be suggestions from others to keep myself occupied in some activities which will keep me busy, I will have to explore that yet.

Considering all these factors joint family system is far better than the nuclear ones.

No comments: