Tuesday 18 March 2008

Awareness

One Saturday evening we were driving to drop our Bachelor friend off at Hamdan street, Abu Dhabi and returning to Al Wahda mall for our weekly shopping at Lulu Hypermarket. Things were expensive in the local super markets, hence we went to Abu Dhabi to shop in bigger supermarkets, especially Lulu, which was comparatively cheaper. We were driving through Muroor road & I took a right turn at Al Falah street signal, which turned out to be wrong one. Hence I drove straight & took a right turn to Airport road to get back to the Mall. I had to take a U-turn & hence I was waiting near the signal in the lane adjacent to the median. My wife was sitting behind & she told me that I can not take a U-turn here as there was a board depicting a crossed ‘U’. I was shocked to hear that, I did not observe that at all. I was not conversant with this rectangular signal stations based on American systems, I am more used to round abouts, which is British based. Fortunately I took a left turn & went straight ahead. By mistake, had I taken a U-turn at that place, it would be a chaos since I would be driving in the opposite direction. Thank God, my wife saved me on that day. The lesson to learn here is to be aware of your surroundings & environment, be watchful always!

No comments: